What is the playground refurbishment program?
The playground refurbishment program will provide a strategic approach as to how Council plans to manage playgrounds in the municipality over the next five years and beyond.
The program has identified a priority order for the refurbishment works based on the age of equipment and general wear.
The City of Casey is one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Australia and will become one of the five most highly populated municipalities in Australia. In response to this development there is a need for the provision of safe and innovative playgrounds within the municipality, an important step in contributing to Casey’s liveability.
Why do we need a playground refurbishment program?
The playground strategy and five year action plan has identified and prioritised Councils playgrounds into a working refurbishment program to ensure that Casey’s playgrounds continue to meet the needs and interests of the local communities and to effectively;.
· Identify playgrounds for renewal, refurbishment and retirement.
· Ensure that playgrounds continue to meet the current Australian Standards.
· Encourage children to get active in their own neighbourhood.
· Provide play opportunities for people of all ages and abilities.
· Promotes and encourages residents including local kindergarten children to have their say in the design of the playground.
What are the competition terms and conditions?
1. Excludes Council staff and Councillors.
2. Competition closes Friday 27 April 2018 at 5.00 pm. No late entries accepted.
4. There is one of three 10 visit multi passes at Crocs Playcentre, valued at $80 each.
5. The winners will be randomly selected from all those who participate and provide feedback through the online survey during the community consultation period.
6. Not redeemed for cash.
7. The winner will be drawn on Friday 11 May 2018.8. The prize winner will be notified via the email address provided at the end of the survey.
9. Only one entry is permitted per person.
What will my information be used for?
The information you provide will help us benchmark our performance nationally, guide the sort of arts and cultural experiences we deliver and assist achieving our vision of creating Australia's most livable city.
What happens next?
Council is seeking feedback from residents on the kind of features they would like to see included as part of the new playground.
Feedback from residents on the kind of features they would like to see included as part of their playground will be evaluated. Data will be provided to playground manufacturers and designers on the preferred play spaces and style of playground you have nominated. This will assist in the final design.A preferred design will be available shortly for you to view. Watch this space!
More information needed?