Why do we need a campaign?
• Casey has a road backlog of $1.3 billion (Auditor General’s Report, 2013)
• Casey has a pronounced under-provision of public transport services with bus services below what are considered Minimum Service Levels
• Over 76 per cent of Casey’s working population travel outside of the municipality for work
• There is limited infrastructure for arts and cultural participation in Casey
• Casey has been experiencing significantly high rates of mental health issues among young people, and an associated high rate of suicide
What is Council advocating for?
Council is seeking funding commitments for:
• Bus service improvements
• Hallam Road duplication/ South Gippsland Highway intersection upgrade
• Thompsons Road duplication/ Western Port Highway intersection upgrade
• Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road duplication (stage two)
• The Casey Cultural Precinct
• The attraction of investment and creation of jobs in the Casey Cardinia region
• Youth mental health services
Who are my Local State Members of Parliament?
You can find out who your Local State Members of Parliament are on the City of Casey's website.
How can I have my say?